Kamal Gatta, also known as lotus seeds, is a fruit that comes from the lotus plant (Nelumbo nucifera). The lotus plant is an aquatic perennial plant that is native to Asia and Australia.
The Kamal Gatta fruit is a type of nut that is found inside the lotus flower’s seed pod. It is round, white, or off-white, and has a hard, crunchy texture. In India, Kamal Gatta is considered a sacred fruit and is used in various religious ceremonies and offerings.
Kamal Gatta is also known for its health benefits. It is a good source of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. It is believed to help improve digestion, boosts the immune system, and reduce stress and anxiety. It can be eaten raw or cooked and is commonly used in soups, stews, and desserts in Asian cuisine.
The lotus plant is a sacred flower in many cultures, including Hinduism and Buddhism. Kamal Gatta is considered to be a symbol of purity, enlightenment, and spirituality in these cultures, and is often used in religious ceremonies and rituals.
What are the benefits of Kamal Gatta Fruit?
These are some of the potential benefits of Kamal Gatta fruit:
- Rich in Nutrients: Kamal Gatta is a good source of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. It is also low in fat and calories, making it a healthy snack option.
- Helps with Digestion: Kamal Gatta is believed to help improve digestion and relieve constipation due to its high fiber content.
- Boosts Immunity: Kamal Gatta is a rich source of antioxidants, which can help boost the immune system and protect the body against harmful free radicals.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Kamal Gatta is believed to have a calming effect on the nervous system, which can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Promotes Heart Health: Kamal Gatta contains potassium, which is important for maintaining a healthy heart. It may also help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Supports Weight Loss: Kamal Gatta is low in calories and fat, making it a healthy snack option for those trying to lose weight.
- Improves Sleep: Kamal Gatta is believed to have a sedative effect, which can help improve sleep quality.
- Kamal Gatta Improves Sexual Performance: Kamal Gatta (Kamal Gota) is used as an aphrodisiac and for the treatment of premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and infertility in women. It also helps improve semen quality and quantity.
- Kamal Gatta Improves Heart Health: Kamal Gatta is one of the best ways in which you can improve your heart health. It can improve your magnesium levels, therein lowering the risk of coronary heart diseases associated with low magnesium levels.
- Kamal Gatta Helps Maintains Blood Pressure: Kamal Gatta (Kamal Gota) is said to be rich in iron and potassium, both minerals known to help support healthy blood pressure. They also prevent excess sodium levels in the bloodstream, further regulating blood pressure.
- Acts as an anti-aging agent: L-iso aspartyl methyltransferase, an enzyme found in lotus seed helps in assisting the repairing and maintaining of damaged proteins. The Kaempferol content of Kamal Gatta helps in slowing down the aging process. Regular intake of lotus seeds helps in rejuvenating dead skin.
- Controls blood sugar levels: The low-calorie content, low sodium, high magnesium, and high dietary fiber content of lotus seeds aid in reducing high sugar levels. The absence of sugar content in lotus seeds helps in maintaining a balance in sugar levels. The low glycemic index of lotus seeds prevents the sudden spike in blood sugar levels. Lotus seeds monitor the insulin response in the body.
However, as with any food, it is important to consume it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Nutritional Facts of Kamal Beej (Kamal Gatta Beej)
Kamal Beej is a nutritious fruit that is rich in several essential nutrients.
Here are the nutritional facts about Kamal Beej:
- Calories: 100 grams of Kamal Beej contain around 89 calories.
- Carbohydrates: Kamal Beej is primarily composed of carbohydrates, with around 20 grams of carbs per 100 grams of seeds.
- Protein: Kamal Beej is also a good source of protein, with around 5 grams of protein per 100 grams of seeds.
- Fat: Kamal Beej is low in fat, with only around 0.5 grams of fat per 100 grams of seeds.
- Fiber: Kamal Beej is a rich source of dietary fiber, with around 4 grams of fiber per 100 grams of seeds.
- Vitamins: Kamal Beej is a good source of several vitamins, including vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine).
- Minerals: Kamal Beej is rich in several essential minerals, including magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc.
How to use Kamal Gatta in Diet?
Do you want to add a versatile and healthy addition to your diet? if yes then Here are some ways you can use Kamal Gatta Fruit in your meals:
- Roasted Kamal Gatta: Roasting Kamal Gatta brings out its nutty flavor and creates a crunchy texture. To roast Kamal Gatta, place the seeds in a pan and roast them over medium heat until they turn golden brown. You can add some salt and spices to make a flavorful snack.
- Boiled Kamal Gatta: Boiling Kamal Gatta makes them soft and chewy, and they can be added to soups and stews. To boil Kamal Gatta, place the seeds in a pot of water and bring them to a boil. Reduce the heat and let them simmer for about 20-30 minutes until they become tender.
- Kamal Gatta Kheer: Kamal Gatta can also be used to make a delicious dessert called Kheer. To make Kamal Gatta Kheer, boil the seeds until they are tender and then add them to a mixture of milk, sugar, and cardamom powder. Cook the mixture on low heat until it thickens and becomes creamy.
- Kamal Gatta Curry: Kamal Gatta can also be used in curries. To make Kamal Gatta curry, sauté onions, ginger, and garlic in a pan. Add tomatoes, spices, and Kamal Gatta to the pan, and cook for a few minutes until the Kamal Gatta is tender. Add some water or coconut milk to create a creamy sauce.
- Kamal Gatta Snack Mix: You can create a healthy snack mix by combining roasted Kamal Gatta with nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.
How Kamal Gatta(Makhana) is used in Medicines?
It has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine Because of the various health benefits of the Kamal Gatta Fruit.
Here are some examples of how Kamal Gatta Fruit is used in medicines:
- Respiratory Disorders: Kamal Gatta has been used to treat respiratory disorders such as cough and asthma. It is believed to have a soothing effect on the respiratory system and can help relieve congestion and cough.
- Insomnia: Kamal Gatta is believed to have a sedative effect on the nervous system, which can help improve sleep quality. It has been used to treat insomnia and other sleep disorders.
- Diarrhea: Kamal Gatta has been traditionally used to treat diarrhea due to its astringent properties. It can help reduce the frequency and severity of diarrhea by tightening the intestinal muscles and reducing inflammation.
- Skin Health: Kamal Gatta is believed to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help improve skin health. It has been used to treat skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
- Kidney Health: Kamal Gatta is believed to have diuretic properties, which can help increase urine production and promote kidney health. It has been used to treat kidney stones and other urinary tract disorders.
it is important to consult a healthcare professional before using Kamal Gatta or any other natural remedy for medicinal purposes.
Yes, Makhana is made of lotus seeds, we get Makhana from the middle of the lotus, and from it, Makhana is made.
Yes, Kamal Gatta (Kamal Gota) is used as an aphrodisiac and for the treatment of premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and infertility in women. It also helps improve semen quality and quantity.
Yes, It is a good source of protein, fiber, essential vitamins, and minerals. It is believed to help improve digestion, boosts the immune system, and reduce stress and anxiety.